Robert Half International Project Estimator in Tucson, Arizona
Accountemps is currently anticipating the need for an Accounting for our fabrication and installation client.
The Staff Accountant will be an integral and highly visible member of the Finance team, assisting the CFO and Vice-President in managing aspects of the Company’s financial processes and will play a key role in administering the accounting close process.
The Staff Accountant will have responsibilities associated with maintaining proper accounting records by accurately and effectively classifying, preparing, recording and verifying financial data in a multi-entity environment. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the CFO and other members of the Finance Department and operational teams.
· Prepare, review & edit accounts receivable invoicing
· Assist with the month-end close process preparing monthly general ledger journal entries including payroll, depreciation, accruals, prepaid expenses, reclassifications, and other standard entries, including financial statement preparation
· Maintain balance sheet account reconciliations including cash and fixed assets
· Play a key role in the year end close process including preparing annual audit schedules with support and interface with auditors
· Reviews general ledger account activity with Controller to ensure account balance accuracy and prepare account analysis for senior leadership including monthly metrics
· Performs budget assistance and cost management analysis which will drive pricing changes and help guide the company’s strategic direction
· Assist with inventory accounting, sales tax, Asset based lending and financial systems administration
· Ad-hoc reporting and special projects as required by Senior Management.
Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
A degree in accounting, financing or business followed by 1-3 years’ experience
in an accounting environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Effective communication skills, both oral and written
Ability to organize and prioritize work, strong time management skills.
Demonstrated ability in word processing and spreadsheet software use, including
Microsoft Office products, good Excel skills required, QuickBooks, accounting software, e-mail, etc.
Ability to handle confidential information such as financial records and salaries
Ability to work independently and solve routine problems
Exposure to basic GAAP & Accounting principles, standards and practices
Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams
Attention to detail and accuracy
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.