Robert Half Sr. Administrative Assistant in Tucson, Arizona
Works under the supervision of the Finance Manager to perform a wide variety of entry-level accounting related activities for the District. This position requires the ability to multi-task, excellent attention to detail, strong organizational and analytical skills, and strong interpersonal communication skills. Provides customer service to internal and external customers of the District regarding finance related matters. The Finance Specialist I is responsible for performing administrative and technical-level support duties that influence and affect payroll and finance related processes and functions.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes source documentation related to payroll and finance transactions.
• Performs data entry and reconciliation affecting compensation, benefits and payroll deductions, tax withholdings, employment status changes, and the time and attendance record keeping system.
• Processes payroll related data fields on personnel action forms (PAF’s) in accordance with district policies and with notations as provided by HR.
• Circulates PAFs each pay period for signatures and provides copies to HR for personnel record keeping.
• Updates and maintains ADP WFN and PAFs structural set-up based on the “GRFD Classification Schedule” once provided by HR.
• Maintains accurate information on finance related web pages and portals.
• Provides salary and employment verifications pursuant to authorized requests.
• Processes garnishment notices as required by state statute.
• Performs administrator functions related to the time and attendance keeping system.
• Performs administrative and technical-level work related to payroll processes and procedures, including control, timeliness, and accuracy of time sheets submissions, monitoring reported work hours and/or utilization of leave, formatting and finalizing payroll data for upload, and maintaining payroll files and records.
• Ensures payroll data is validated and reconciled by utilizing established quality controls.
• Maintains complete and accurate leave accrual balance information within the payroll and time and attendance keeping systems.
• Calculates PTO payouts at various times pursuant to district policy.
• Responds to inquiries regarding payroll and time and attendance keeping system.
• Develops and maintains spreadsheets.
• Utilizes report-writing tools to develop ad hoc reports or provide payroll information.
• Establishes and maintains company and employee payroll records, including earnings, deductions, and tax withholding setup and maintenance. Periodically audits accuracy of system data.
• Provides input and assistance for payroll and payroll-related projects.
• Maintains documentation of payroll processes, procedures, and recommends changes.
• Explains payroll and time entry policies and procedures, researches and responds to inquiries from management, employees, and third parties.
• Participates with onboarding and new hire orientation as it relates to payroll and finance related processes.
• Performs additional duties as requested or assigned.
Data Entry, HR Payroll System, Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR)
Must pass a background check
Minimum of 3 years in Administrative Assistant duties/responsibilities
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.