Robert Half International Data Center Engineer in Tukwila, Washington
Robert Half Technology is actively recruiting for a contract Data Center Engineer for one of our clients located in the Seattle area. The main responsibility of this Data Center Engineer is to be the first line responder to customers and troubleshoot any issues with their physical servers. You'd be an ideal candidate for this Data Center Engineer role if you have excellent customer service skills and have previously working in a Data Center or Network Operations Center (NOC). This is an overnight, graveyard position for a colocation client in Seattle, Washington. Additionally, this is a short-term contract that has the potential to extend depending on client need.
Data Center Technician will work 40 hours per week, consisting of a combination of the following shifts:
• Sunday & Saturday shifts: 12am - 12pm
• Monday & Tuesday: 12am - 10am
• Wednesday: 12am - 8am
• Plans and implements enterprise networks and related hardware and software.
• Designs and documents network architecture.
• Performs assessments on existing technologies to determine performance and capacity gaps.
• Establishes security (firewalls, intrusion detection), connectivity and access parameters.
• Provides recommendations to optimize network infrastructure.
• Tests and tunes security devices and systems.
• Programs routers and switches. Implements communications technologies (data or voice).
• Manages network services from planning phase through implementation.
• Solid knowledge of routing protocols, network hardware and software, security technologies and network infrastructure is required.
1-2 years in similar role working in a data center
Good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills on a variety of hardware: Server blades, Routers, Switches
Good communication skills.
Ability to work both independently with little supervision, as well as in a team environment.
Good organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Strong knowledge and skill working with computer hardware.
If you are interested please send an updated resume to Erin Keating at Erin.Keating@rht.com.
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $29.00 - $31.00 / Hourly
Location: Tukwila, WA
Date Posted: November 5, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 04410-0011612478
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT