Robert Half HR Specialist in Union City, Georgia
Description GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To support the vision, mission and guiding principles.
• While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
• Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
• Adhere to appropriate City operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
• Assists internal and external customers,
• Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team environment in a fast paced changing atmosphere.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains confidentiality of work related issues and City Information.
• Support HR Director with wellness and employee engagement initiatives and serves as point of contact.
• Assist the Generalist with the update of the UC Heartbeat Monthly Newsletter
• Serves as first point of contact for Human Resources, including heavy call volume
• Provide various administrative functions for the department including but not limited to ordering supplies and scanning documents
• Submit pothole claims from Public Service to claims administrator.
• Composes, proofreads, and types correspondence, memoranda, reports, and presentations
• Maintain various departmental spreadsheets and run various reports as needed.
• Process and manage payroll in the time and attendance system and coordinate with city departments
• Maintain personnel files, documents and archive documents in accordance to the retention schedule and
HR policies and procedures
• Assist the HR Generalist with employee benefits and the open enrollment process
• Provide follow up assignments and weekly and monthly status reports to the HR Director
• Receive and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; review and evaluate mail to identify those items
requiring priority attention
• Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
• Assist with the payment of department invoices
• Attends meetings and seminars
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide support for front desk as needed
• Route Employee Action Forms and other documentation as necessary
• Any other duties as assigned Requirements Corporate HR, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Basic Computer Skills, Basic Office Skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.