Robert Half Payroll Clerk in Uniondale, New York
One of our clients is seeking a payroll clerk to join their dynamic, fast-growing team! In this role, you will support the payroll department in a variety of clerical duties, and you will be responsible for data entry, reconciliation of timecards, paycheck distribution and providing statements to various departments. You should have the ability to communicate effectively with both the internal team and outside customers. If you want a challenging position with an industry leader and strong career growth opportunity, this position may be for you!
· Contact employees via email and phone to obtain timesheet approvals
· Deliver instruction/training to employees regarding the use of payroll-related systems including entry of timesheets, online access of pay statements, etc.
· Perform clerical duties such as filing, scanning, faxing, photocopying, etc.
· Data entry into Excel and the ADP payroll system
· Enter and audit union calculations via Excel as instructed
· Download and distribute/save reports as instructed
· Build and run custom reports out of ADP
· Other duties as assigned
· 3+ years of hands on experience at a large corporation
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written and listening)
· Great attention to detail
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
· ADP and/or PeopleSoft experience preferred
· Ability to easily learn new systems
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.