Robert Half International Director of Accounting in Urbandale, Iowa
The Director of Accounting's responsibilities include overall management of the accounting functions; preparation of internal and external reports; assure accuracy of general ledger and sub-accounts; and supports the bank’s development and continued review of its internal controls framework.
This position will manage accounting staff and be responsible that all accounting functions are completed accurately, timely, and professionally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Accounting Functions: 60%
• Responsible for assuring periodic accounting functions are completed. May include month-end close, accruals, general ledger entries, and accounts payable.
• Responsible for maintaining and implementing effective internal controls over financial reporting. Partner with various departments to aid in the assessment of internal controls.
• Oversee balancing of various general ledger/internal bank accounts and reconciling discrepancies.
• Assure completion of internal and external reports. May include, but not limited to, the call report, board reports, year-end reports, and annual audits.
• Manages accounting staff responsible for daily and monthly functions. May include accounts payable, accruals, fixed assets, balancing general ledger and subaccounts.
• Stays abreast on accounting regulations and standards.
• Assists in the budget review process.
• Supports the bank’s CFO with ad-hoc reporting and various financial analysis.
• Partners with the board audit committee, management, and internal audit to design an effective internal audit schedule.
• As part of the overall team of bank employees, this position may be requested to assist in the support of other bank activities.
• Participate in various bank committees and civic organizations.
• Perform all other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to learn and use the Bank’s PC hardware and software; in addition to being proficient in Microsoft Office products, including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
• Ability to perform basic math; compute rate, ratio and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs
• Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and memos. Effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers and other employees. Interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals.
• Demonstrate strong oral/communication, organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and take direction from management and supervisors
• Responsible for knowing and following Bank Security Act (BSA) and Customer Identification Program (CIP) regulations, policies and procedures
• Must have flexibility to deal with changing work hours and locations as needed
Requirements AML - Anti Money Laundering, Month End Close, Monthly Financial Statements, Balance Sheet Reconciliation
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.