Robert Half Accounts Receivable Supervisor in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Description The Accounts Receivable Supervisor will supervise the work product and manage the performance of a team of accountants to ensure department quality standards are met and exceeded. Manage the commission receivables collection process and the associated bad debt allowance.
• Responsible for providing direction, training, coaching, and quarterly and annual reviews.
• Develop quarterly and annual goals to meet allowance reduction and ensure collaboration with team members to adequately track progress towards achievement of these goals. Report progress management on a monthly basis.
• Ensure monthly regional meetings are scheduled and review content before the meetings. Ensure open items from these meetings are resolved or addressed prior to subsequent meetings. Attend regional meetings on a regular basis.
• Manage workload assignments to ensure reduction in past due balances.
o Work with insurance carriers to ensure timely remittance of commissions
Monthly meetings with Larger Carriers as needed
o Perform account reconciliations to identify billing discrepancies and work with the account management team to correct invoices
o Identify issues involving carrier remittance and work with Direct Bill Staff to resolve issues such as ACH Remittance, Name change, or Contract updates
o Work with Direct Bill Processing team to clear reconciling items on remittance statements
o Work to reduce overall receivable balances quarter over quarter
• Calculate Direct Bill allowance calculation for management approval
• Communicate issues to management team as needed
• Regional duties as assigned, may include assignment of region. Requirements Accounts Receivable (AR), Supervising, MS Excel, Billing, Accounting Principles
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.