Robert Half International Controller in VISALIA, California
Description Accountemps has a new and exciting Controller opportunity with a large non-profit organization located in the Visalia area. This is a temporary-to-full-time full time position. As the Controller, you will be responsible for all functional aspects of accounting within the organization, including preparing budgets, monitoring and managing financial information, managing the general ledger, preparing written reports, and supervising Accounting staff.
• Support the vision of Pro-Youth
• Provide strong leadership and supervision for the Accounting Department team
• Manage all financial and accounting functions, including general ledger, cash flow, purchasing, accounts payable and receivable, and payroll
• Perform monthly reconciliations including bank statements and grants
• Perform month-end close, prepare financial reports, and present financial information to the CEO, Board of Directors, and Leadership Team
• Understand and address granting agency requirements for fiscal reporting
• Work with all departments to ensure that fiscal requirements for grants and contracts are identified, realized, and monitored
• Oversee the CACFP program
• Plan and monitor annual audits
• Prepare and submit tax returns
• Formulate and implement sound fiscal policies
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• A four-year degree in Accounting or Finance, and a minimum of five years’ experience in fund and nonprofit accounting
• Solid experience with, and knowledge of, Excel
• Extensive experience in the nonprofit/governmental sector with A-133 experience
• Extensive experience in grant and fund accounting
• Experience in working with granting/funding agencies
• Experience in federal grant award management regulations, including 2 CFR 200
• Experience in managing and supervising individuals and a department/team
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with peers, vendors, and management
• Strong budgeting process experience
• CPA certification a plus
For immediate consideration, please call 559-733-0766. Requirements Accounting Control, Accounting Principles, Full Cycle Accounting, Budget Processes, Budgeting, Prepare Budgets, Financial Analysis, Financial Audits, Financial Aspects, Financial Management, Financial Planning, General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Management, Supervising, Supervisory Oversight, Month End Close, Month-end Financial, Month-end Reports, Annual Internal Audit, Prepare Tax Returns, Fiscal, Government Grants, Foundation Grants, Nonprofit Organizations, Government Regulation, Government Relations, Government Contracts, Government Audits, Federal Government Reporting
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.