Robert Half International Accounting Assistant in WALKER, Michigan
Our client is seeking an Accounting Assistant to join their team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities for the Accounting Assistant position include:
• Assist with processing receivable and payable functions to track and administer financial requirements;
o Accounts Receivable – Monitor customer receivable balances and ensure they are within in the sales terms agreed. Follow up with the Customers’ accounts payable teams as required and send appropriate collection communications. Prepare check deposits, process credit card payments and post ACH/wire deposits. Review and follow up with customers in credit hold situations.
o Accounts Payable – To check the validity of all invoices for the supply of goods and services to the company, to authorize against purchase orders where appropriate, to administer onto the ledger and to pay the supplier in accordance with previously agreed payment terms and update the ledger accordingly.
• Process and review commission programs with both direct and independent sales reps across North America.
• Manage inbound communications from customers concerning accounting related inquiries and prioritizing them.
• Prepare and maintain daily bank reconciliations for operating accounts and posting the applicable journal entries within the accounting software.
• Abide by and improve accounting department procedures and processes.
• Assist in month end closing and review account balances for variances to budget.
• Reconcile balance sheet and income statement figures from system to monthly reporting schedules.
• Ad-hoc investigating, analysis and reporting as required
• Such other duties and projects may from time to time be reasonably required.
For immediate consideration for the Accounting Assistant position, please email your resume directly to Joel.Bode@roberthalf.com.
Education / Skills / Knowledge / Experience for the Accounting Assistant position include:
Bachelor’s degree or higher specializing in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
Outstanding numeracy skills.
Excellent written, verbal and presentation-based communications skills.
Experienced computer skills (Microsoft Office software, AS400 system, Sage X3).
Excellent analytical skills.
Excellent organizing, prioritizing and time management skills.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 / Yearly
Location: WALKER, MI
Date Posted: September 15, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 02220-0011558580
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance