Robert Half IT Business Engineering Director in Wallingford, Connecticut
Description Build and lead the IT organization. Manage people, projects and budgets. Provide strategic vision and guidance on major IT initiatives to achieve business objectives. Collaborate with business stakeholders and corporate IT management.
This role leads the Global Business Engineering Team within the IT organization, responsible for SAP, Salesforce and BI/Data Warehouse. Employees are primarily in the US, with one resource in France, many working remote and not from a company office.
In addition to managing and leading these areas, and participating in the IT Leadership Team, a primary focus in 2022 will be SOX compliance for all areas of responsibility.
Also responsible for accurate budgeting, ideally to the projected quarter of the fiscal year.
Experience managing SAP ECC 6.0 within a manufacturing environment is highly desirable. There are no direct reports with SAP responsibility, and the system is in a “maintenance only” mode with periodic decisions to add a new legal entity within the system based on strategic decisions and acquisitions. Support consists of an application support consulting company with one (FICO) consultant onsite in US and remaining ABOP developer, MM consultant, PP consultant and temporary PS consultant in India off-shifting to cover hours until 1pm EST. An internal volunteer team of SAP Super Users also provides support. This position also has the relationship with the hosting provider that provides hosting and all that hosting entails, as well as security/new user support as well as BASIS.
Salesforce experience is desirable as this position has responsibility for the global industrial Salesforce Instance that is currently undergoing a complex merge to achieve this single instance that incorporates the use of CPQ. There will be activities over the next year or more to resolve issues and evolve the system, including integration with ERPs including Microsoft Dynamics 365.
This position is also responsible for Data Warehouse and reporting capabilities that have evolved over several distinct development efforts. The most recent addition is a data warehouse framework associated with our D365 ERP implementation, which will need to evolve and extend over time. Current technology includes SQL Server, SQL Server Development Tools, Jitterbit, Cognos Framework Manager and reporting, Tableau and our directional reporting tool, Microsoft PowerBI. We intend to migrate soon to Azure and leverage the Azure toolset. D365 warehouse currently leverages Azure technologies.
The IT organization is evolving and this position will participate in the IT Leadership Team to help with that evolution and transformation. Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
• 5+ years of increasing responsibility in an IT leadership role, including IT operations, supervising technology teams, and overseeing information technology projects
• Excellent understanding of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems.
• Hands-on approach with excellent planning and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams in multi-site organization.
• Demonstrated success in implementing complex IT projects in the mid-market ($300M to $1B companies)
• Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
• Experience with Lean/Agile IT environments
• SAP ECC 6.0 experience within manufacturing environment
• Data warehouse experience, ideally within a manufacturing environment, including basic understanding of ETL including Microsoft tools and Jitterbit
• Ideal candidate has Salesforce experience including ERP integration
• Ideal candidate has experience managing systems in a public company, including security and SOX compliance
• Project management experience leading cross-functional projects
• Strong balance of technical and people skills, demonstrating excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to lead cross-functionally and communicate appropriately with diverse stakeholder groups
Leadership Skills, Complex Databases, Cyber Security, System Administration, Telecommunications, SAP ECC, Data Warehousing, ETL - Extract Transform Load, Salesforce Integration, Cross Functional Project Management
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.