Robert Half International Staff Accountant in Washington, District Of Columbia
Our client, a large venture capital firm based in Washington, DC, is seeking a Staff Accountant to add to their team. This is an excellent opportunity for a strong Staff-level accountant with a background in public accounting and/or financial services. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will have great exposure within the firm as well as excellent opportunities to take on projects and gain valuable experience. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the following:
• Maintain accurate accounting books for the firm and its' multiple entities in QuickBooks Online
• Perform/manage full-cycle Accounts Payable process
• Monitor expenses and ensure they are in line with annual budget; communicate any discrepancies to management
• Manage the cash balances for several accounts
• Process employee expense requests in accordance with company's policies
• Lead month-end close process; post journal entries, perform reconciliations, prepare schedules, etc.
• Ad-hoc financial analysis as requested by management
• Assist with budgeting and forecasting process
• Ad-hoc projects as assigned by management
Candidates for this position should meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• Experience in public accounting, financial services and/or investment fund required
• Prior experience with QuickBooks Online preferred, not required
• Familiarity with Private Equity/VC funds and related terminology
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization
• Analytical mindset
For more information on this role or any of the others that we are currently working on, please send an updated resume to Matt Shoe (firstname.lastname@example.org) in confidence.
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Salary: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 / Yearly
Location: Washington, DC
Date Posted: September 15, 2020
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Reference: 04510-9502688767
Staffing Area: Full-Time Accounting u0026 Finance