Robert Half International Technical Support Specialist in Washington, District Of Columbia
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) provides technical support and is responsible for identifying and troubleshooting customer submitted technical problems and service requests as well as, when appropriate, the timely escalation of those issues. The TSS is responsible for tracking and monitoring all incoming requests as necessary to meet company defined service level agreements including providing status reports to IT management and end-users. The TSS also maintains IT asset, user account, and hardware and software inventory supply records.
• Responsible for end-user device installation, maintenance, tracking, and troubleshooting, and the documentation and verification of specific steps taken.
• Screens, prioritizes, and fulfills help desk tickets and reports on status.
• Escalates helpdesk requests in a timely fashion to other technicians, as necessary.
• Tracks and monitors problem resolution rates and status for all active IT-related helpdesk tickets.
• Provides in-person, telephone, and remote technical assistance for IT-supported solutions.
• Conducts day-to-day IT Department organizational tasks, including:
o Tracking and replenishing IT inventory.
o Ordering, receiving, tracking and distributing purchased products.
o Organizing and maintaining clutter-free IT storage, staging and personal work areas.
• May be responsible for routine system administrative tasks including:
o Conducting system maintenance and operational checks.
o Monitoring backup performance and rotation of media to an off-site facility.
o Creation of standardized workstation images and maintaining records of image distribution and inventory.
· Associate degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Demonstrated expertise working with supported versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of recent versions with the Apple Mac OS X operating system.
· Familiarity with smartphone OS’s including Droid and IOS.
· Familiarity with workstation security configuration, including local and network accounts, user permission, etc.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent customer service skills and with a demonstrated ability to effectively identify customer needs.
· Experience providing solutions and follow-up within an established framework or policy
· Strong problem solving skills
· Effective written communication skills
· Sit or stand for extended periods of time at a stationary workstation.
· Regularly walking throughout the office complex working in customer offices and “cube” environments.
· Regularly carry, raise, and lower objects of up to 25 pounds.
· Occasionally be required to work in tight spaces including under desks, behind office furniture, or in telecom closets.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.