Robert Half Revenue Accountant in Watertown, Wisconsin
Description ROLE PURPOSE
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for all revenue related accounting for the North America region.
• Responsible for ensuring revenue from all business streams (product, service, etc) is properly posted or accrued on a monthly basis. Including validating that all related journals are recorded appropriately under US GAAP and IFRS, and all support is properly archived.
• Regularly reconcile the daily invoicing activity to the general ledger.
• Responsible for system set-up for commissions for North America. Includes the coordination with various departments for any changes to employee contracts, processing of payments, and tie-out from system to General Ledger. Facilitate annual commissions testing and work with the Order Admin Manager to coordinate annual order repricing.
• Assist in month end close process maintaining and organizing account reconciliations and journal entries.
• Perform monthly sales & margin analysis as part of the month end close.
• Responsible for the monthly amortization of service maintenance contracts and the reconciliation of deferred revenue.
• Assist with internal control and financial audits as they relate to revenue recognition.
• Continuous review of tasks and processes to ensure internal control and policies and procedures compliance.
• Assist on various projects and other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting from a four-year college or university
• 2-4 years experience in accounting, including 1-3 years revenue accounting experience (preferred).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Practical knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively present data to peers and senior management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel skills. Requirements Company Revenue Recognition, Revenue Recognition, Proper Revenue Recognition, Revenue Recognition Accounting, Company Revenue Recognition, Revenue Recognition, Revenue Recognition Accounting, Revenue Recognition, Company Revenue Recognition, Commissions Accounting, Compensation - Commissions
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.