Robert Half International Sr. Cloud Engineer in WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania
Description · Ensures the overall stability of company's network infrastructure by maintaining systems at current patch levels, responding to incidents, and fulfilling requests.
· Completes project tasks for new implementations, upgrades, migrations, and remediation efforts.
· Evaluates new technologies for implementation or integration with the environment.
· Creates and updates documentation, standard operating procedures, diagrams, etc, including the strategic roadmap for network.
· Conducts changes in accordance with the enterprise change control process, and in line with departmental and security/regulatory/compliance standards.
· Responds to security incidents, researches security proposals, analyzes traffic, and reports on the impact of potential security changes or remediation work.
· Acts as an escalation point for our network Managed Service Provider (MSP), and directs them in the completion of tasks.
· This position is supported by a 24x7 managed service provider for routine network issues/fulfillment tasks, however some after hours and weekend work is occasionally required.
· Must have a willingness to learn and become the SME for cloud networking in addition to responsibility for the on-prem network.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The ideal candidate has formal education/training in networking from college coursework and/or a CCNA certification program or similar, and hands-on experience; has worked managing a production network or had significant responsibilities on a team that manages one, and are ready to take on more responsibility as well as expand knowledge of cloud networking.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and 5+ years of experience working on an enterprise network team OR Associate degree and 3+ years of experience.
· CCNA or equivalent technical certifications preferred.
· Sound understanding of core network concepts including network security (Firewalls and Network Access Control (NAC)), VLANs, IP addressing, ACLs, routing, routing protocols, VPNs, wireless and SDWAN.
· Knowledge of AWS networking strongly preferred, including VPC, Transit Gateway, PrivateLink, Load Balancers, Security Groups, and Site-to-Site VPNs. Azure networking a bonus. Willing to consider candidates with on-prem experience who desire to learn cloud networking.
· Experience or familiarity with the following network technologies is desired: Cisco Switching, Meraki Wireless, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE), Oracle Talari or other SDWAN solutions Requirements CCNA Technologies, Access Control, VLAN, IP Addressing, IP Routing Protocols, VPN Technologies, Amazon Web Services (AWS), VPC, Network Access Control (NAC), Network Switches, Azure Active Directory, Meraki, Palo Alto Firewall, Cisco ISE
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.