Robert Half Network Security Administrator in WESTERVILLE, Ohio
• Oversee and guide the implementation of products and services required to maintain compliance with existing, new or changing regulations and audit recommendations.
• Rigorously maintain security systems and administer security configurations that reduce risk to enterprise systems.
• Maintain vulnerability management standards across all operating systems, software applications and hardware configurations.
• Supports the administration and maintenance of security systems, including firewalls, network and host intrusion prevention/detection systems (IPS/IDS), virtual private networks (VPNs), SIEM systems, threat intelligence platforms, endpoint protection, email security, forensic tools, public/private/hybrid cloud infrastructure and IDAM systems.
• Improve efficiencies using automation and orchestration solutions to reduce manual work that can be done programmatically.
• Influence tactical and strategic decisions.
• Lead the creation and maintenance of security documentation and configuration practices.
• Protect systems by defining access privileges, control structures and resources.
• Administer best practices and required configuration standards for compliance and privacy law obligations.
• Remain current with new security threats and assessing systems to ensure they can defend the business.
• Provide rigorous administrator and configuration settings for third parties.
• Serves as a subject matter expert for colleagues and line-of-business managers, and experience with multiple technologies, compliance requirements and risk analysis methodologies is crucial.
• Responsible for being a senior member of the team which requires a strong positive ability to lead and train other team members through the strategy directed by senior management.
• Will perform special projects as assigned.
Education, Job Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or equivalent work experience
• At least 5-7+ years’ experience in cybersecurity, including compliance and risk management with a system and network security engineering background required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of traditional security controls and technologies, such as SIEM systems, IDS/IPS, public key infrastructure (PKI), IDAM systems, antivirus and firewalls, in addition to newer offerings such as endpoint detection and response (EDR), threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration, deception technologies and application controls.
• Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale
Requirements Application Security, Computer Security, Cyber Security, Network Security, Remote Support, End-User Support, Technical Support
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.