Robert Half International Senior Accountant in Westerville, Ohio
Robert Half Finance & Accounting is looking for a Senior Accountant for a full-time opportunity with a fast-growing, mid-sized supply company. The Senior Accountant will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. You will report to the Controller and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. This position is very involved as it will produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. This company offers a challenging and multi-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
Role & Responsibilities
· Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations
· Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting
· Assist in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
· Maintain fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
· In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
· Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
· Analyze and coordinate a variety of financial data, and report it in a useful and understandable manner
· Participate in various department-wide initiatives
· Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
· BA/BS in Accounting
· 4+ years of overall general accounting experience
· Strong Excel skills required
· Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail a plus
· Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
· Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
· Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with functional department managers
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in more than 300 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Robert Half has once again been named to FORTUNE’s “World’s Most Admired Companies®” list, ranking first in our industry (February 2021), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.