Robert Half Medical Billing Specialist in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Are you a driven individual who's ready to pursue a career in healthcare as a Medical Billing Specialist? Robert Half is looking for a motivated Medical Billing Specialist with strong technical skills and an attention to detail. Apply for this exceptional opportunity today. The role is based in the Scranton, Pennsylvania area and is a long-term contract / temporary position.
• Prepares and submits clean claims to third party payers either electronically or by paper
• Follows billing guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
• Respond to account inquiries from patients, payers, providers, and/or other staff as requested
• Identifies and resolves patient/insurance billing issues
• Work closely with team members regarding claim appeals, denials, resolution, and education
• Performs and monitors all steps in the billing processes to ensure maximum reimbursement from patients, government and commercial payers as well as from special billing arrangements
• Understands Medicare, Medicaid and other commercial payer rules and regulations applicable to billing. Updates business office staff, clinics, residents, and faculty of changes as appropriate
• Responsible for ensuring all new residents and providers are oriented to coding, billing, and documentation compliance
• Responsible for the continuing coding, billing, and documentation education for all providers and residents
• Understands the considerations of coding in Value Based payment contracts
• Responsible for reviewing and implementing changes from payer bulletins
• Use online healthcare databases and other resources for verification and claim status
• Deliver the highest quality service to internal and external customers
• Assist other members of the team with projects as needed
• Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
• Other duties as assigned by management
For IMMEDIATE consideration for this position, please apply directly to this posting or call us at 610-882-1600
• High School Diploma/GED with minimum 3 years billing experience
• Must have strong knowledge of all guidelines for ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS codes, medical terminology, and billing processes
• Knowledge of Medical Billing/EHR (Electronic Health Records) systems preferably Medent
• Knowledge of EOBs, EFTs and ERAs
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software
• Must be focused, self-directed, organized, and have demonstrated problem-solving abilities
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.