Robert Half Staff Accountant in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
An innovative and efficient STAFF ACCOUNTANT is needed for a recognized company in the Wilkes-Barre area. We are looking for a talented and focused individual who will play a vital role in this company’s success. In this position, you will be responsible for preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance and general ledger reconciliation. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to grow in their career and make an impact.
• Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
• Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
• Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
• Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
• Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
• Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading detail oriented publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in detail oriented organizations.
For IMMEDIATE consideration for this position, please apply direct to this posting or give us a call at 610-882-1600
Requirements REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's in Accounting Prior experience in Accounting Proficient experience in Excel Detail oriented
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.