Robert Half Transportation and Safety Manager in Windsor, California
Join our client's team as a Compliance and Safety Manager (CMV Driver) where you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring the highest standards of safety and regulatory compliance in our transportation operations. If you're a detail-oriented professional with a passion for driver management, incident resolution, and comprehensive safety programs, we invite you to contribute your expertise to our dynamic and growing organization.
Effectively communicate changes in DOT regulations and company driving policies to driving personnel.
Maintain a comprehensive driver database, ensuring driver qualifications and tracking expiring documents.
Review ELD driving logs, ensuring accuracy and compliance with hours of service regulations.
Assure DOT drug/alcohol program compliance with regulations.
Coordinate with Human Resources in the management of the commercial driver hiring process.
Oversee the process, investigation, documentation, and management of incidents.
Act as the gatekeeper for accident preventable decisions.
Transportation Management Systems:
Manage transportation systems and ensure proper training for all active drivers (vehicle inspections, load securement, mirror placement, close quarter maneuvering).
Monitor and evaluate compliance with DOT regulations, including hours of service, vehicle inspections, driver qualifications, drug and alcohol testing, and vehicle maintenance.
Conduct internal audits, identify and mitigate potential safety hazards.
Develop and implement safety policies, procedures, and training programs.
Investigate workplace accidents to prevent reoccurrence.
Maintain safety reports, logs, and documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
Facilitate government safety inspections and respond to inquiries/inspections by regulatory agencies.
Manage environmental processes for proper waste management in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Accident Investigations and Safety Programs:
Lead accident investigations, analyze incidents, accidents, and violations to identify root causes, and implement corrective actions.
Develop and implement comprehensive safety training programs.
Audit safety programs for effectiveness and monitor to reduce the frequency of accidents and injuries.
Ensure accurate, complete, and maintained documentation, reports, and records related to compliance.
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; Master’s preferred; five or more related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous management experience in Risk Management/Safety, Logistics, Transportation, or related fields.
· Working knowledge of Federal, State, and local safety regulations with respect to HMR, DOT regulations including FMCSA regulations, CSA and ELD; OSHA Standards and workers compensation, ADA, EPA, DTSC, ISNetworld, PEC, environmental and government regulations, and CERS.
· Ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team, including those holding divergent and/or opposing views and goals.
· Must hold a valid California driver license with a clean driving record.
· Excellent verbal, written and relational communication skills required.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.