Robert Half International Human Resources (HR) Manager in Wood-Ridge, New Jersey
The HR Manager position is essential to our business success. People are our most important asset, and this position will develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy. The HR Manager is the go-to person for all employee-related issues, ensuring we have a cohesive and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of this position.
The HR Manager duties will include managing all routine functions of the HR department such as job postings, recruitment, employee relations, compensation/payroll, benefits and insurance, training, and development, and enforcing company policy and practices. Maintaining confidentiality of all company information is paramount. This includes not only information directly handled but also information overheard by virtue of the open office environment. The Finance Department has access to information not available to other departments and this information should not be discussed with other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Initiate and manage recruitment for both Union and Non Union, entry level to executive management, including ad placement, job fairs, maintaining relationships with outside search/placement agencies, conducting, and coordinating interviews for all vacant positions.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive understanding of Company goals and policies.
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
• Administers benefits program such as life, health and dental insurance, 401k plans, PTO, leave of absence and employee assistance.
• Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier. Coordinates Safety Committee meetings and acts as the Safety Director.
• Maintain Certificates of Insurance file.
• Monitor, distribute and answer emails coming into the central HR mailbox
• Enter the weekly payrolls into the payroll system, Paylocity.
• Set up and maintain employees in Operating system, Putty and in Paylocity and timecard system.
• Enter employee garnishments and child support data into Paylocity system.
• Prepare year-end payroll data required for W-2.
• Track PTO by employee.
• Maintain a level of overall service that supports our corporate and department goals.
• Communicates clearly and directly with all department teams and management.
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all employees to promote a cooperative and harmonious working environment to facilitate positive morale, productivity, and continued improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.