Robert Half Dispatcher in Woodbridge, New Jersey
Description 5 people - 8 hour garuntee
9-5 1/2 hour lunch
answer emails/calls from sales team and inbound customer requests etc.
working with drivers on daily basis making sure they are getting to the sites they need to get to , assisting with routing
temporary to full-time
We are looking for a Dispatcher (Operations Coordinator) to communicate daily transportation activities to the team to ensure service and delivery goals are achieved on time. To be successful, you will thrive on having multiple tasks at a time and are an expert organizer.
• Communicate information and instructions to drivers (schedules, route changes, road conditions, accidents, emergencies, etc.) informing them of a variety of situations that may impact their scheduled services or deliveries.
• Handle all customer call-ins and updates customer on expected delivery/service times (ETA's). Makes outgoing calls to customers regarding locked gates, missed services, etc.
• Keep Operations Manager updated on issues and resolution of issues.
• Support drivers telephonically/radio during reported emergencies and provides appropriate resources to assist with issues.
• Work with customer service department on scheduling deliveries or services.
• Review driver manifests at end of day to ensure that pencil notes have been documented and works with drivers to capture delivery/service information.
• Conduct route check in to ensure that all information on manifest is accurate and complete so that it can be posted properly. Post route & pick-ups and deliveries. Sequences routes & pick up and deliveries as needed.
• Special/Other projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
• Customer Service
• Time Management
• Decision Making and Problem Solving Requirements Dispatching, Inventory Tracking, Coordinate Logistics, Logistics, Logistics & Distribution
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.