Robert Half Help Desk Analyst II in Woodbridge, New Jersey
Job Description: The Help Desk Analyst provides front line support and works closely with clients to address their requests accurately and efficiently. Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution. Strong communication skills and a passion to provide excellent service as a representative of our company are important. The position may require limited time at our data center facilities to assist with new installations and deployments. The position requires evening hours from time to time.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Assist end-users in resolving hardware and software issues by fielding telephone calls and requests through a ticketing system, diagnosing problems, performing troubleshooting activities and follow up with customers to ensure issues are resolved.
· Documenting, tracking and monitoring problems to facilitate timely resolution.
· Analyzing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues and inform management of recurring problems.
· Configuring, testing, maintaining and resolving issues related to our LAN and other communication issues.
· Providing troubleshooting support to end users.
· Train computer users.
· Installing and configuring workstations.
· Monitoring and controlling computers and peripheral data processing equipment.
· Monitoring the systems for failures or errors and responding by addressing issues or escalating to a supervisor.
· Install, test, monitor, upgrade, troubleshoot and repairs computer systems, networks and peripherals. Manages user account information, including rights, security and systems groups.
· Oversee day-to-day operations of LAN/WAN and related hardware or software. Make recommendations for products and services enhancements, manages network security, maintains systems and troubleshoots a variety of issues.
· Installation and Maintenance – Direct the installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications components to ensure the network is functioning at peak efficiency. Responsible for ensuring work adheres to customer specifications and internal guidelines, including established timelines and budgets. Coordinates the installation and maintenance schedule for technicians.
Desired skills and experience:
· Strong knowledge of Windows 7 & 8.
· Well versed in all major Internet browsers.
· Familiarity with Windows Server 2008-2012R2, VMWare, Citrix, and SQL Server.
· Understanding of Active Directory Domain Services and network protocols.
· Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
· Defining and assigning policies.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.