Robert Half Media Business Analyst in Woodbridge, New Jersey
· Lead discovery sessions by setting agendas, including researching and understanding each department involved in the discovery session and creating an appropriate questions list, and submitting the discovery session agendas to the client before the session
· Gather, review, and understand available client provided documentation to determine departmental processes and workflows and identify gaps or missing information in provided documentation
· Coordinate and schedule discovery and review meetings in a time frame that is acceptable to all invitees. This also includes generating and opening teleconferencing bridges for the meetings. Where applicable the Business Analyst will gain permission from all invitees to record the Teams/Zoom/ WebEx conversation before starting the discovery session
· Facilitating the in-person discovery sessions, this includes introducing self to the stakeholders, gaining recording permissions before starting the session, and asking questions from the discovery session agendas and any related follow up questions and take notes during the sessions. This also includes identifying baseline functional use cases for each department.
· Create notes during discovery and review sessions, including the upload of recordings into a transcription service. Review, editing, and summarize the completed notes and transcriptions. The Business Analyst will distribute the summaries to the session’s attendees for review and feedback for client approval.
· Update and revise documentation based off client or team feedback and provide revised documentation for team and client stakeholders to review and approve
· Create the Use Case Categories determined in the discovery sessions, then extend the Use Case definitions with the information collected during the discovery sessions for review by the team and for review and approval by the client stakeholders. Conduct analysis on use cases as needed per project.
· Request and maintain each assigned project’s document repository with project documentation for use and review by the BA and other team members.
· Perform limited project management by monitoring and maintaining project timelines when applicable, such as through monitoring billable hours and reviewing approved proposal terms
· Create and deliver presentation materials for the engagement including Kick Off Decks, Weekly Summaries, and Final Presentations
· Assist project team members in the creation and delivery of project deliverables at the project’s completion
· Bachelor’s Degree in Communications is required
· IIBA / PMI (CAPM) certifications preferred
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
Minimum of 3-5 years media consulting experience, such as in operations.
Applicant must be proficient and knowledgeable in the following areas:
· Microsoft Suite
· Descript (transcription service)
· Previous experience in a broadcast and/or production environment
· Previous experience in project management
· Previous experience in business analysis
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.